The Choir Member’s New Year’s Resolutions listed below are a reprint from last year’s blog. At that time I received some great responses from my readers (including additional resolutions) and I invite you all to participate again this year. Although Christmas may still be in our thoughts, it’s never too early to be preparing for that first rehearsal of the new year!
A Choir Member’s New Year’s Resolutions
- I will listen to my director.
- I will be on time for rehearsal.
- I will come to rehearsal having studied any assigned spots.
- I will bring a pencil to rehearsal and will mark my music as needed.
- I will transfer (outside of rehearsal) any markings provided in a master score.
- I will pay attention to the vocal sound I make and how it fits into the overall ensemble.
- I will talk during rehearsal only during approved breaks.
- I will silence my mobile device prior to rehearsal, and will refrain from reading or sending e-mails or texts during rehearsal.
- I will resolve to learn something of value at each rehearsal.
- I will listen to my director (this bears repeating!).